Spanish Man Dies After Restaurant Pours Him A Glass Of Dishwasher Detergent Instead Of Wine


A screwed up order usually just costs a restaurant some business, but this time it seems to have cost a man his life.

Andres Lorente, a 50-year-old man from Spain, stepped into a cafe with the intentions of enjoying a relaxing glass of white wine.

Instead, he was given a colorless, odorless, glass of dishwasher detergent. Extremely potent, even after only having a sip or two, Lorente was rushed to the hospital where he died.

Apparently the detergent was being stored inside an empty wine bottle, inside the refrigerator, where it was found by an unknowing waiter.

The Cafe’s owner was arrested and taken in for questioning by the local police. He was released on bail later that night.

Authorities say the evidence points toward a crime of negligence, rather than homicide.

Lesson for the rest of us: don’t store your poisonous cleaning supplies in an empty wine bottle. 

h/t Sky105